Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 13, 2013

Very Important Finish it Up Friday

This week I finished a very important quilt.  It will be a gift to a young mother who feels like the world is closing in around her.  It will give HOPE and comfort to a woman who needs it.
In January, Margaret's Hope Chest starting bringing quilts to the Mother and Baby program at Pine Rest (in Grand Rapids, Michigan).  This program serves woman who are experiencing postpartum depression.  Over the past 9 months we have dropped off 94 quilts!! We never dreamed that there would be such a need.  Each of the quilts has accompanied a struggling mother throughout her time in the program and then it traveled home with her. 
I will be honest that we have stuggled to keep up with this need.  We do not have a steady influx of quilts approriate for women.  My mom has worked very hard to finish off donated tops and create new quilts to make sure that she always has something to bring when they call.  I spent my limited time this summer finishing off donated tops.
We would love to continue this program but we need organized help from our friends!

Personally, I have committed to making one quilt a month for 'A Mother's Hope'.
Here is my quilt for September.
 I used a charm pack and a couple of coordinating solids to create this. 
 From start to finish I think it took me 5 days to complete.  Not too bad. 

Could you commit to making one quilt for 'A Mother's Hope'?  Below I have listed the next six months and 8 spots for each month.  I would LOVE to fill up these 48 spots with quilters willing to take a week to fill a person's life with HOPE and comfort.  Quilts can be of any size, shape, or color scheme.  If you can help, please leave a comment with the month(s) you can help with and then E-MAIL me so I can send you all of the information you will need.

OCTOBER:                         NOVEMBER
1.  Carin                                1. Carin
2.  Mindy                               2. Sunny
3.  Pam                                  3. Kathryn
4.  Diann                               4. Pam
5. wkelli88                             5. Carol
6. Anita                                  6. Sherry
7. Amy                                   7. Shirley
8. Sherry                                8. Brenda

DECEMBER                         JANUARY
1.  Carin                                1. Carin
2.  Lea                                    2. Lynn
3. Pam                                    3. Kathryn
4. Sherry                                4. Pam
5. Shirley                                5. Faye
6. Ellie                                    6. Shirley
7. Jody                                    7. Karen
8. Catherine                           8. Catherine

FEBRUARY                          MARCH
1. Carin                                 1. Carin
2.  Pam                                   2. Pam
3. Jennifer                              3. Dhia
4.  Shirley                               4. Faye
5. Teresa                                 5. Shirley
6. Catherine                           6. Catherine
7. Jenn                                    7. Jeanine
8. Jeanine                                8.Bea
                                                9. Carol

Thanks for reading and happy quilting!!
I am linking up to Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday!

26 comments:

Lynn said...

January for me!

Pinspot said...

I could get you a quilt towards the end of October.

sunny said...

Put me down for November. I've started a quilt, and if I don't get to it sooner, I'll finish it at my Nov. retreat.

Lea said...

I will plan for December:) I will let you know if I can add another. what a great idea this is as I know it would have meant so much to me when I went through the dark days of post-partum depression. God bless you in this ministry, Carin!

Kathryn said...

November and January should work for me. Please include size in the email (I recall it was lap size, but want to be sure)

Purple Quilter Queen said...

I'd like to sign up for February!! What an awesome thing you are doing!
Jenn

Pam Mamon said...

I will do one each month.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

If a baby quilt size will work, please sign me up for October.

marilyn said...

I want to help out, please send me the address to ship to. I will send as many as I can, but can't commit to a certain number per month. I will box up what I can and get them in the mail as soon as I get back from dropping my daughter off at college next week.

Lea said...

Carin, I am having trouble getting the email link to work. Here is my e-mail address: lea(underscore)elina(at)yahoo(dot)com

Carol E. said...

I can do November.

Faye said...

Put me down for for January and March

Anita SS said...


I have a quilt top made that I can finish up pretty quickly. I can mail it out soon, by the 1st week of October I'm sure.

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Put down for one in February. Thanks

Teresa

Ellie Q said...

Sign me up for December. I have a quilt that will be done by then.

Karen aka Lady K said...

Please count me in for the end of January.

Jody said...

I'd like to sign up for December. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Would a fabric donation help out? I work at a fabric wholesaler and would love to send some scraps!

email is lnelson@r-and-z.com

Meg said...

I can send a quilt now! I finished one back in March with the intent to send it to you, but life happened and I never did. Can you let me know where to send it?

Unknown said...

Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

bradmaddox said...

foGenuines Works of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans
www.jobzcorner.com

Unknown said...

Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

muhammad asim said...

Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

Unknown said...

Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com

Unknown said...

Now 1st time ever in Internet World, Facebook Earning program has been Launch, Now you Car earn money online with Just use Facebook and earn unlimited. Post a Picture on Facebook and Get $0.5 Dollar per Post, Unlimited Postings and Unlimited Earning.
Share a Picture on Your Friends wall and Get Unlimited Income from home
www.JobzCorner.com

Unknown said...

Want to Make Website or Software...? Any Type of Website and Software and Desktop and Web Based Applications.
Want to Make Now, Just Contact us at Skype
Skype : Jobz.Corner