Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Quiet for the Summer--But the Work Continues!!!

Hello friends!
I wanted to let you know that this blog will be quiet for the summer.  Our family is headed to China in a WEEK to meet our daughter!!  I promised I would formally introduce her to you as soon as we could so here she is!
She is 2 and half and we can not wait to have a toddler in the house again!  If you are interested in her adoption story or in watching this trip unfold you can visit our family blog.
Of course, I had to make her a quilt:




In the meantime, the work of Margaret's Hope Chest will continue all summer!!
We have two very active programs right now that we still need help with.
1.)  A Mother's Hope--details here.
2.) Prison Ministry Quilts--Kid's quilts of any kind--recommended size 40X60 inches.  Boys are especially needed!

Please consider using a bit of your sewing time this summer to make a quilt for one or both of these programs. 

I appreciate those who quietly and generously help us all year long. We are so blessed.

Have a wonderful summer!!!

3 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Congrats on your new daughter ... she is too adorable. My cousin has a little girl 17 mo, Evy, who has Downs. She is so sweet. I can't wait to read more about your new daughter.

beth said...

Oh what fun! Excited for you and LOVE her new quilt!

JillB said...

When my brother-in -law and his wife adopted a beautiful 5 year old girl from China, I made her an "I Spy" quilt with all things American - not just patriotic, but also snacks and pasttimes, etc. I also made her pillow cases for each holiday and she LOVES them and insists that her parents change them each holiday.
Good luck - and congratulations!!