Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 14, 2012

What's New



 So, what is new?

1. I finished up ALL of the HST tops!  In total I was able to make 14 boy tops for Honduras, and 15 baby quilts for Haiti.  I would call that a success!  Here are the 8 that I made two weeks ago.  I will finish them off in Michigan because I don't want the extra weight in my suitcases!









2. With the HST project finally done I allowed myself to do something fun--I had been dreaming about trying to create a quilt that looked like the ocean water here in Bermuda. You would think that after working with 100's of HST blocks for a month I would be sick of them--but apparently I have a higher than normal tolerance because I created a quilt with 720 two inch HST's. Phew.  The top came together easily but everything after that was quite frustrating.  I used a variegated thread and stitching in the ditch on this quilt was nearly impossible because of the amount of seams.  But-it is finished and I really do like it-imperfect quilting and all.



3. I am currently working on a boy's quilt which I will come back and talk about later this week.  Having trouble quilting that one too....so now I am going to tear out what I did last night.  Have a wonderful Monday!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

All those quilt tops!! Amazing! I lover the ocean quilt, it really is beautiful, all those hst's together are stunning. Even the back is stunning!

Dara said...

Good for you- that is a lot of piecing. I love the back of the bermuda quilt (and the front).

Julianne said...

Its beautiful! Front and back..love all those blues...

beth said...

i am amazed at what you can do. i have been so afraid of all that piecing with HST's!! your HST quilt with blues is beautiful ~ i love it!!