Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011-Quilt Finishes

 I decided to go through my pictures and count up all of the quilts that I have finished this past year.
I came up with 32.  That doesn't count the donated quilt tops that I have finished off--which I would guess is another 15 or more (?).  I remember making each of these quilts and it is my prayer that they are all doing their job of comforting and bringing HOPE to the child/adult it belongs to now. Yes, with three exceptions (the large pinwheel quilt I kept, the Dr. Seuss and handprint ones were donated to a school auction) all of these quilts have been given to someone on behalf of Margaret's Hope Chest.  Each has a story behind and ahead of it and for that I am thankful.  After almost 6 years (I can't believe that!) of serving hurting and sometimes hopeless people I KNOW that each quilt is going to the person that God has chosen.
I know my personal quilting will be slower in 2012 because of family commitments but I trust that the collective work of Margaret's Hope Chest will fulfill the desires of God's heart.
Blessings on your new year!





































5 comments:

Dara said...

These are fabulous, way to go.

Twisted Quilts said...

Love those quilts, very inspiring. Looking at them makes me want to run upstairs and sew!

Lynn said...

Fun seeing these all together! I agree with true blue nana, they make me want to sew something, anything!

Heather said...

Awesome! You've done such a fantastic job on all of these quilts. It just warms the heart to think of how they have blessed their recipients with hope and love. Thank you for your great work for these past six years! And may there be many more to come. :o)

hoekstra family said...

You are truly amazing!