Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wrapped In Hope Update

Boy themed quilts we have right now

Girl themed quilts we have right now


About a month ago I posted about 'Wrapped in Hope' and our current situation.  I am happy to report that our stash of kid-themed quilts is growing.
Currently, we have 14 boy themed quilts and 23 girl themed quilts for a total of 37 quilts--maybe you remember that a month ago we had about 25 quilts--yeah for 12 new quilts!! I know some of you who are reading this love to see numbers so here are the numbers:

Quilts needed to be able to bless the children at 4 more prison camps this year: 115
Quilts that we have to give right now: 37

Quilts still needed: 78





Now a question was asked in the comments on the last post that I want to address:
"I'm wondering what constitutes a kids theme quilt? May be a silly question."
Not a silly question really--what we mean by kid-themed quilts is a quilt that is appropriate for a child between the ages of 4-18.  Obviously, which an age spread as large as that most quilts would fit into the category of kid-themed.  I will tell you that we NEVER have enough SPORT quilts or PINK/PURPLE/PRINCESS quilts. If you have a quilt that isn't 'themed' that is fine too--many parent's like to choose a quilt that will grow with their child and get many years of love and affection!
Basically, we will accept anything that you would give to your own child or grandchild.
Can't wait to see the 'still needed' number shrink!!

5 comments:

April (Polkadot Sparrow) said...

Thank you for sharing the numbers. I will be praying about them. I have too much on my plate right now or else I'd whip some up for you!

Anonymous said...

Is there a deadline for when you need the quilts for this year? - Lydia

Dara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marilyn said...

I've searched everywhere on your blog and can't find an address to send quilts to. Could you email me your address and I will box up some quilts and get them in the mail in the next couple of days. I will try to put more boy quilts in there to balance things out for you :)

Amanda Jean said...

Thanks for answering my question in the comments. :) I will be praying that God provides what you need to continue your work! I'm also shipping a box today.