Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hot Out of the Dryer




 This little beauty just came out of my dryer--with the tight quilting it crinkled up just perfectly.  What are now pinwheel blocks used to be 9-patch blocks that someone donated to Margaret's Hope Chest.  I wanted to make things a bit more interesting without all of the hassle of sashing.  One small glitch that doesn't even bother me anymore is the fact that I didn't realize that there is more than one potential pattern created with these blocks--obviously, I didn't figure that out until it was way too late.  I like the slightly wonky feel to it.
This quilt will be entered into the 'Fall Into Fall Giveaway' that starts on Oct 1st.  Some little girl who is going through a tough time right now will win this quilt--and the HOPE and comfort that comes with it.

This quilt measures 37X50
The backing and binding are 'Girl Friday' by Andover Fabrics

1 comment:

Katie said...

So what did you do to the 9-patch blocks to make it into pinwheels? I like it, but I can't visualize it.