Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Getting Dressed

Ephesians 6:11 (New International Version): "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."
On Saturday, for the second time in a little less than a month, I will enter a prison armed with 63 quilts. Does 'armed' seem like a odd word to use when talking about warm and cozy children's quilts? Perhaps...but let me explain. I have had a doozy of a week--each new day brought a fresh load of emotional weight-conflicts at the kid's school, conflicts with my husband and other family members, financial stress, untrue accusations, sick and crabby kids etc. and by early today I could hardly stand up under the pressure...and then it struck me--I was under attack by one of the devil's schemes. His scheme was going to leave me so weary and frustrated that I might not choose to go to the prison on Saturday and spread HOPE--in the name of Jesus Christ.
Well, I am here to say that I have put on the whole armor of God over the course of today--
the buckle of TRUTH
the breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS
the feet of READINESS
the shield of FAITH
the helmet of SALVATION
and the sword of the SPIRIT
I am STANDING against the devil's scheme and I am marching into that prison ARMED with QUILTS OF HOPE, my friends! I can hardly wait to testify to the HOPE and STRENGTH I have in Jesus Christ. Will you pray for these quilts as they enter their new homes this weekend? Will you pray for the 27 precious girls and 19 amazing boys who will have a whole day to spend with their Daddy?
Thanks to those who donated these quilts--YOU are part of the story that we get to tell these families!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He will never give you more than you can bear. Just wanted you to know that I prayed for you today!

Kelly said...

You are gorgeous in that outfit! Praise God for renewing your mind and revealing the LIAR!

Luv to you sister!!

Renae said...

I completely believe that the adversary does exist and that he especially loves to attack families, whether it be yours or those who are prison.

And prayer is a powerful thing.