Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Quilt for Dawn

 

Today's quilt is being given to Dawn. This is what Dawn writes about herself on her blog:
"In February of 2008 I was diagnoised with Bulbar ALS (aka Lou Gehrig's disease). Since this diagnosis I have lost my ability to speak (I now use a speech machine), as well as my ability to swallow most foods and liquids. During these months of decline I am thankful that I have been able to enjoy my family and so many of my friends who have shared their lives with me. I have also had the joy of holding three new grandsons born within the past year."
Through reading some of her blog I can tell you that she is trying her best to stay positive through a hopeless situation. Her spirit is an example to me. We chose this quilt for her because it is bright and bold and seems to reflect her personality. We are praying for her to remain positive as her symtoms change and become worse-and that she will find her HOPE in the Lord.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: